It is by most known that chia seeds are a great essential food for our body and for our cupboard. It contains beneficial properties among which are phosphorus, calcium, fiber, magnesium, potassium, iron, essential amino acids, antioxidants. In this flavored water you can also enjoy the properties of these seeds, a drink to implement in your diet for your aprotes beneficial to the body.
Benefits of these flavored waters
It is the vegetable with the highest Omega 3 content, which fulfills important functions in the organism since it helps to normalize high blood pressure, maintain the flexibility of cell membranes, prevent cardiovascular diseases, reduce cholesterol levels, protect the heart, improve the health of the nervous and inmonological system, all these properties in a rich flavored and natural drink that you can include in any diet .
In addition, as if that were not enough, chia seeds have the characteristic of producing a satiating effect , which is why they are highly demanded for reducing diets . They are a complete protein and, unlike flax seeds, they are very stable to store, that is, they are not prone to rancidity.
Water flavored with chia seeds
Beverages with Chia seeds are the perfect appetizer, since they have natural sugars that, together with the fat and protein of the seeds, are maintained for hours . Here we offer you two recipes to prepare waters that you can ingest as a nutritious and healthy appetizer, or as a complement to your weight loss diets.
- 1 cup of natural juice of your choice
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
Heat the water
- Once hot put it in a cup and place the three tablespoons of chia seeds
- Stir well until the chia seeds are dispersed evenly and begin to inflate.
- Cover and put the cup in the refrigerator.
- Let it rest overnight.
- The next day your chia seeds should be much larger in size and totally gelatinous. Your “water” should now be a thick gel.
- Mix 1 cup of your chia seeds gel with 1 cup of the juice of your choice and stir well.
This recipe serves 2 servings.
Lemonade with chia seeds
You can also make a quick lemonade with chia seeds, try the following recipe.
- Soak 1 tablespoon of chia seeds for 10 minutes in 1 glass of water. Until what gel is made.
- In a jar, pour 3 glasses of water. Add a natural sweetener of your choice and stir.
- Squeeze 3 to 4 lemons into the jar and add the soaked chia.
- Integrate everything and add ice to taste.