Whether applied topically or ingested, thanks to its properties the mixture of olive oil and oregano can be of great help to restore our respiratory health.
The respiratory system is exposed to the negative effects of toxins, viruses and bacteria and other agents that can cause diseases.
The immune system is responsible for protecting it by producing antibodies. Now, sometimes extra help is needed to keep it healthy.
And is that, although we have healthy habits, we inevitably suffer the consequences of environmental pollution , chemicals and many other external factors that interfere with its proper functioning.
As a consequence, we face continuous episodes of colds, cough, congestion and many conditions that can be mild or chronic.
Fortunately, in addition to conventional medicines, there are methods of natural origin. Thanks to their combination of ingredients, they create a protective barrier while stopping these annoying symptoms.
Among these we find a remedy of oregano and olive oil . Its antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties promote the clearing of clogged airways.
Do not stop trying!
NATURAL REMEDY OF OREGANO AND OLIVE OIL TO PROTECT THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM
The combination of oregano with olive oil results in an antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and detoxifying product , ideal for cleaning the lungs and respiratory tract, especially in the presence of certain conditions.
- Both ingredients have high concentrations of antioxidant compounds that, after assimilating in the body, help protect cells against the negative effects of free radicals.
- Oregano provides phenols, which give it an antiseptic and antiviral action that facilitates the treatment of respiratory infections.
- It is ideal to decrease the growth of bacteria and viruses, improving the response of the immune system to its attacks.
- It contains essential minerals such as magnesium, calcium and iron that, in addition to improving blood circulation, reduce inflammation of the tissues and fluid retention.
- It also makes a slight contribution of vitamins A and C, amino acids and fatty acids that help maintain active defenses .
- In addition to its benefits on respiratory health, it is good for improving digestion and protecting cardiovascular health.
- Even, for its antispasmodic and relaxing effect, it can be an alternative for the treatment of headaches, muscular tensions and menstrual cramps.
- Best of all, it usually does not cause unwanted side effects and, in fact, can be used as a preventive remedy.
HOW TO PREPARE THIS HOME REMEDY OF OREGANO AND OLIVE OIL?
The remedy of oregano and olive oil can be prepared as an adjunct to reduce the symptoms of flu, colds and other diseases of the respiratory system.
However, if you wish, you can also prepare it to take it regularly as a measure of prevention of these diseases .
The important thing is that you make sure to use 100% extra virgin olive oil , given that the refined presentations do not have the same nutritional quality.
- 1 branch of fresh oregano
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil (200 g)
- Glass jar with lid
- Wooden spoon
- Wash the leaves of fresh oregano and put them to dry outdoors.
- When they are free of moisture, crush them in a mortar, until you get a slightly juicy paste.
- Then, pour the crushed plant into the glass jar and then cover it with the olive oil .
- Seal the bottle and store it in a cool, dark place, for 2 or 3 weeks.
- In this period, uncover it every 2 days and remove the ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- After the maceration time, strain it and start using it.
- Take half a teaspoon of oregano oil on an empty stomach.
- If the taste seems strong, dilute it in a glass of water, milk or fruit juice.
- In case of respiratory diseases, take it in the morning and before going to bed.
- If you like, you can also apply it externally, for example, on the chest and back, to promote relief of congestion.
- Repeat its use, at least, for 2 weeks, until restoring respiratory health completely.
Still do not include this natural remedy in your medicine cabinet ? Remember that you can take it into account to take care of the respiratory health of all the members of your family.
Go ahead and prepare the recipe and keep it handy, especially in those times when they attack colds or infections.